The Lindley Room
The Playhouse Bar’s official name is ‘The Lindley Room’, named in honour of Ralph Lindley, the original founder of The Lindley Players.
Ralph Lindley was invited to form a drama group from within the congregation of All Saints Church. Early in 1946 such a group formed, together with a committee of Officers and members. The drama group, naturally called The Lindley Players, also performed an annual pageant at the Summer Fete held by All Saints Church. They were, after all, an integral part of the social activities of the Church. This, in addition to two productions each year, continued until Ralph Lindley retired and left Whitstable in 1955.
The Lindley Room is the at the heart of the theatre and houses the bar. It is where many of the theatre’s activities take place.