We are very excited to let you know we are holding open auditions for this year’s youth group play on Sunday 25th June 6pm-8pm at the Playhouse Whitstable.
Our play this year is ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, one of the most fun, magical, and easiest to understand of all Shakespeare’s plays. There are lots of larger than life, fantastic characters, and we will focus on breaking down the language and bringing the story and characters to life. The performance dates are 9th-11th November 2022, including a Saturday afternoon performance.
This will introduce our vision and involve some script work to break down the ‘Shakespeare fear’ and help with the audition pieces. The information evening is not necessary to attend in order to audition, but it should help you become more confident and get to know what the rehearsals will be like!
The auditions will require you to fill in a form letting us know which parts you would like to be considered for. We will play some games, then you will be split into groups to rehearse some scenes to show us. If you wish to go for a lead or supporting role (this is detailed on the Character Descriptions document) you will then be asked to deliver a monologue (you don’t have to learn it!). You can choose whichever monologue you like, but obviously if you really want a particular part that would be a good one to pick!
The documents to download are listed below:
Please let me know if you have any questions by emailing Lucie at
Some Youth Group FAQs
- Successful auditionees will be required to pay the £5 membership to the Lindley Players, and will have a place in the youth group outside of play rehearsals (should you wish to have one!).
- The youth group is led by volunteers – please bear this in mind during communications – and we stick to a cast size with which we feel comfortable. If you/your child is not successful this time please do not take it personally, and you may of course remain on the waiting list.
- All youth group leaders have been DBS checked and hold chaperone licences from Kent County Council.
- All cast members must be 13-18 years old (inclusively) at the time of performance.
- Rehearsals will be Sunday evenings 6-8:30pm starting at the beginning of September. There will be some weekday rehearsals scattered about in the few weeks leading up to the show. All rehearsals are at the Playhouse Theatre Whitstable.